Last week we took a trip to Los Osos to learn more about Harvestly! We are in LOVE with this new service!
Harvestly is a new company that was created by Cal Poly student Walter Lafky. Their mission is to create prosperity and profit for vendors, supply local communities with the finest natural and organic products SLO has to offer, and together, build a more sustainable tomorrow.
They have over 110 different vendors and the number of products they offer grows more each day! Our favorite part about them is that their product list goes beyond fruits and vegetables! You can order cheese making kits, handmade soaps, edible flowers, freshly made bread, Korean food, and MORE! The best part about it is that all products are local to San Luis Obispo County! This makes supporting your local farmers incredibly easy. By purchasing through Harvestly, customers can get nutritious products that are responsibly grown, without the hassle of grocery stores.
Products are sorted by vendor, product type, and they have other filters, such as keto, sugar-free, and vegan. Once your items are placed in the shopping cart, simply click the delivery method (to your door or pick up) and their team will have it to you within a matter of days. Deliveries are COVID-safe and can be placed on your doorstep with no contact necessary. Their deliveries happen on Thursday afternoons and most often arrive between 4:00 pm and 8:30 pm. Delivery fees are $5.99 for orders over $35 and $9.99 for orders under $35. Vendors receive 90% of the product price when customers buy an item from the website, so supporting Harvest is truly giving back to family-owned-farms.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, this week’s upcoming delivery will be Tuesday the 24th, the cut-off to place your Thanksgiving orders is Sunday at 11:59 pm! Place those orders EARLY! All orders placed on Monday or later will not be harvested or delivered until Thursday, Dec. 3rd!
What’s In My Box
- Raspberry Jam – Cal Poly Chocolates, Jams, & BBQ Sauces
- Shishito Peppers – Surfside Farm
- Ewenique Wedge – Central Coast Creamery
- Chile Pepper Vegan Cheesemaking Kit – The Vreamery
- Loaf of Sourdough – Sasquach Sourdough
- Tartufo Salami – Alle-Pia Fine Cured Meats
- Neem Tea Tree Lavendar Organic Soap – Poppy Soap Co
- Organic Fresh Edible Flowers Mix – Greenlove
- Kombucha – Whalebird Kombucha
- Seoul Sauce – Feed My Seoul
- Tamales – Good Tides Organics
- Harvestly has also added the option to the website to ship SLOcally made, non perishable products to loved-ones anywhere in the U.S.
- Harvestly has also teamed up with the Cal Poly Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and San Luis Obispo’s Small Business Development Center! We are super excited to be working with these great organizations.
- Be on the lookout for new insulated AND reusable bags for orders in the future!
New and Noteworthy Vendors:
Nugget of Love provides a variety of handmade candles, soaps, scrubs, and more all natural products.
Mermaid Makings also offers homemade Soaps, Shampoo, Lotions, Bath Bombs, and Chapstick.
Naked Ladies Apothecary sells handmade natural body care products made from organically grown and sustainably wildcrafted herbs and plant-derived oils.
The Artisan Wheelhouse – Plant-Based Creamery Vegan Cream Cheese and Brie using only the best organic ingredients
REAL crisp, refreshing flavored water with 20mg of CBD (Hemp Extract)
La Migliore Italian Bakery: handcrafted Artisan Breads, Desserts and authentic Italian Entrees
Wild bread co – explores the lost art of naturally leavened bread making to make delicious and nutritious loaves