Looking for something fun to do this holiday season that is safe and fun for the entire family? Downtown SLO is bringing cheer to the community as they present: Light Up Downtown SLO. The event goes until January 10th so make sure you stop by!
Here are 10 things you can do with the family!
- Visit Santa’s House and enjoy a photo opportunity with a life-size photo of Santa. The kids can even drop off letters for Santa and get a letter back!
- Admire and take photos at the 21-foot Holiday Tree in Mission Plaza.
- Enjoy outdoor dining at many of your favorite downtown SLO locations – Check out their list of restaurants.
- Grab a photo at any of the five interactive themed Memory Moment Pods and grab that perfect Instagram photo for the holidays. **UPDATE: 1/1/21 – They now have a 2021 Theme’d Disco Ball celebration pod! The perfect photo opportunity to kick off the new year!
- Participate in a scavenger hunt! – Search for Santa’s Mouse. You can pick up a free activity book at Santa’s House and at shops around downtown. This charming story features a scavenger hunt with eight clues for kids and families to find together as they stroll downtown.
- Go on a holiday stroll and check out one of the “Holiday Movie Walls.”
- Decorated window showcase – The businesses of downtown will celebrate the holidays with inspired window displays and lighted windows. Scan the QR code on your favorite shop window and vote for your favorite in the People’s Choice.
- Menorah Lighting: The socially-distanced candle lighting ceremony, coordinated by the JCC-Federation, happens outside the steps of the Mission in San Luis Obispo each night of Hanukkah at 5 pm, December 10 – 17, 2020.
- Learn about holidays around the world: Look up and learn about multicultural winter holidays on the colorful banners hung on the light poles.
- Buy Local Bonus – Starting December 14, spend $100 or more at any participating local business in the City of SLO and receive a $20 gift card to support another local business!
The City of San Luis Obispo is providing up to 2 hours of FREE parking through the end of December in all parking garages (Locations: 871 Marsh St., 842 Palm St., and 919 Palm St.). The three parking garages located in the downtown area are easily accessible and perfect for holiday shopping and strolling! More details here.
Additionally, the City is offering FREE parking every Sunday and the following days: December 20, 24-27, 31, and January 1.
We hope you’ll come out and enjoy Downtown SLO with us!
Check out the map below for participating locations. All the details can be found at Downtown SLO!